Terms and Conditions
- City Traders Imperium operate an Online Funding and Growth Trading Program.
- City Traders Imperium welcomes Financial Market traders from any nationality and any age from 18 years old to participate.
- City Traders Imperium provides fully-funded forex trading accounts with monthly profit pay-out plans and lucrative growth scenarios to traders who qualify for the program’s trading requirements.
- Under a 3rd party contract, City Traders Imperium recruits talented traders to work for the company on the company’s platform, using the company’s assets and funds.
- City Traders Imperium is a brand name, operated by City Traders Imperium Ltd., and is a privately-owned Legal Corporation. It is not operating as a Financial Institution of any type, nor is it a Broker or a Broker Marketing platform.
- City Traders Imperium is the company contracting the traders.
- Evaluation Trader – describes the trader at the stage of being evaluated and as of this time has not yet fulfilled all the requirements.
- Portfolio Manager Partner (PM) Trader – is used to describe a trader who has successfully completed the evaluation targets under the evaluation requirements
Signing up for the program is required from the evaluation stage.
Sign-up Fee – The evaluation program has a fee cost involved. The fee amount is specified by the program plan that the trader selects.
- The sign-up fee is not a trading capital deposit.
- The signup fee does not cover trading costs or trading losses.
- The sign-up fee is non-refundable, in partial or in full, once the evaluation activity has commenced by the trader.
Traders are allowed to perform using any trading strategy, as long as it complies with the Risk Management Guidelines required by City Traders Imperium.
Upgrading or downgrading a plan:- Once an evaluation program has commenced, the trader cannot upgrade or downgrade the current plan.
- The evaluation period is the prime mandatory stage of the program, where the trader should demonstrate a profitable trading performance, under the Risk Management Requirements’ definition.
Portfolio Manager Partner
- PM Partner is a trader who successfully passes the evaluation period and becomes certified to trade on behalf of and with the trading capital of City Traders Imperium.
Risk Management Guidelines
- The Risk Management Guidelines are the risk measures that City Traders Imperium expects each trader to self-enforce on his/her trading strategy.
- City Traders Imperium monitors the ability of the traders to comply and manage their risks while retaining profitable trades.
- Failing to follow these risk measures, as presented in the Program Plan selected, may cause disqualification from promoting in the program, or a final termination from the program.
- City Traders Imperium’s regulation of pay-out is due to the profitable performance of the traders.
- The event ending the participation of a Partner PM or the ending of a trader’s evaluation program.
The program is available to individuals only. They must be of 18 years and older, open to all nationalities.
Private Individuals Only
- The program is designed for individual traders only. An individual trader who signs up is the only person who is allowed to trade on behalf of City Traders Imperium, in both the evaluation program and as a PM Partner in the official trading program.
Proof of Identity
- Authentic identity must be shown. The program only accepts traders who present proof of authentic identity.
- The program is not available to any entity, firm, corporation organisation or groups of individuals of any type.
Knowledge and Skill
- The trader must acknowledge having sufficient trading knowledge, experience, and skills to perform under the program requirements.
- The trader must fully understand the full scope of the program, the implications of the program requirements, restrictions, guidelines, and find the program sufficient to his needs.
- The program is conducted on a forex trading platform only. The trader must fully understand the unique characteristics of the forex market. Specifically, with regards to trading, the trader must fully familiarize his/herself with the following terms and implications of the following terms: Market Hours, Economic Releases, Flexible Spreads, Commission, Overnight Rollover Swaps, Pip, Point Value, Lot, Stop Loss, Take Profit, Market Order, Stop Order, Limit Order, Ask, Bid, Drawdown.
The program is conducted with capital which is supplied by City Traders Imperium.
- City Traders Imperium provides trading on the trading platform, with full authority to perform trading during market hours. As this time, City Traders Imperium provides for the use of Windows OS, Mac iOS by a non-official & non-supported technical workaround, mobile access for Android and iOS, MQL scripting using Desktop Platform Version Only. City Traders Imperium may change its suppliers and systems to any other solution and technology, at any time.
Protecting Trading Capital
- No matter which level the trader is at in the program, it is required for him/her to act responsibly and use all methods to protect the City Traders Imperium’s capital from severe losses. This also includes operating responsible risk management measures, protecting and securing the trading access credentials for trading accounts, not providing access to any 3rd party or person for the accounts, immediately report to City Traders Imperium’s Support Team about loss or theft of trading access, respond to email communications from City Traders Imperium, and take all required measures if asked to by City Traders Imperium.
Trading activity is limited to forex’s major currencies and their combinations: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, CHF, AUD, NZD, CAD.
The following is a list of securities permitted to trade:
- Forex Majors: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CHF.
- Forex Major Crosses: AUD/CAD, AUD/CHF, AUD/JPY, AUD/NZD, CAD/CHF, CAD/JPY, CHF/JPY, EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, EUR/NZD, GBP/AUD, GBP/CAD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, GBP/NZD, NZD/CAD, NZD/CHF, NZD/JPY.
A trader must avoid trading any other securities unless permitted by the City Traders Imperium’s Official Representative.
Trading securities which are not permitted for trading may result in a participant’s termination in the program.
The program requires its traders to enforce risk measures for themselves, over and above their trading strategies. The following are the characteristics of the Risk Management required and its definitions, which the Trader should fully understand and enforce.
- Each step in the program has a specified target milestone in terms of USD net profit.
- The amount specified is net profit after deduction of all trading costs, spread, commission, overnight swap charge and a deduction of profits made with trades which are registered with risk violations.
- Definition: Relative Drawdown is the maximum difference from the highest account Realized Balance to the lowest Equity (unrealized value). The implication is that losses can never be greater than the value specified in the trading stage.
- Formula: $ Drawdown = realized or unrealized account amount minus the highest realized account balance.
- Example: On May 2nd the account realized value was $10,550. On May 10th The account equity value (unrealized value) was $10,200.
- Conclusion: The drawdown in this account is: $10,200 – $10,550 = -$350.
- It is required for every position, market order, pending stop order, or pending limit order to contain a stop loss at price level which represents a maximum money risk of 1.5% or less.
- Formula: Stop Loss value = 100 x 100,000 x Position Lot Size x ABS (Position Open price – Position Stop loss price) / Account Balance.
- Example: Current Account balance is 10,500, a sell 0.20L GBP/USD position opened at price 1.3560. Stop loss is set to 1.3615.
- Conclusion: Stop loss value = 100 x 100,000 x 0.20 x ABS (1.3560 – 1.3615) / 10,500 = 200,000 x 0.0055 / 10,500 = 1.05%.
- Multiple positions of the same asset, are considered as same trade and will be added together. The summaries of all open positions on the same symbol cannot exceed 1.5% of the account value.
- Example: On a $10,000 account – Float Position A: sell 0.1 GBP/JPY = risk of $50, or Float Positions B: buy 0.3 GBP/JPY = risk of $100, or Float Position C: buy 0.05 GBP/JPY = risk of $35.
- Risk for GBP/JPY = A+B+C = $50 +(add) $100 +(add) $35 = $185. Therefore, GBP/JPY risks 1.85% of $10,000.
- Definition: Maximum Exposure is the summarized amount of the Lot Market Value of open positions at any given time.
- Formula: Max. Exposure = Position 1 [lots] + Position 2 [lots] + Position 3 [lots].
- Example: At any time, there can be 4 open positions: 0.15L buy EUR/USD, 0.10L sell EUR/USD, 0.15L buy GBP/USD and 0.05L sell USD/JPY
- Conclusion: The Maximum Drawdown in the account is: 0.15L + 0.10L + 0.15L + 0.05L = 0.45L
- Adding to the exposure is allowed in exchange for any floating trade with a stop loss secured beyond its entry price.
- Hedging positions of the same asset does not reduce the exposure.
- The evaluation period is limited to 6 months, from the sign-up date. By this time, the trader is expected to meet all the trading requirements to demonstrate a steady and positive trading performance.
- Once the expiration date has arrived or passed and If the trader has not yet met the required targets on time, the evaluation will be automatically be terminated and will conclude as disqualified.
- Evaluation Expiration Extension
- During the evaluation period, the trader may request twice a one-month extension to meet the required profit target and only by these following conditions:
- The profit is positively above 2.5%.
- There are clear risk management records and no risk violations recorded in the trader’s account history.
- To remain active, the PM Partner must show to have been active with at least 4 trades in one entire month. Failing to meet this criterion, the account will be paused or terminated.
- Giving notice for Inactivity – By giving notice for inactivity, the trader may freeze the account for up to 2 months but no more than twice in an annual year. The notice
- should be given in a formal notice and should be approved by an authorized official from City Traders Imperium.
- Minimum Active Trading Days
- During the entire evaluation period, the traders must demonstrate trading on pre-defined active trading days.
- A trading day counts once the trader submits an open trade at any time during a specific day.
- The PM Partners are required to have 4 minimum active trading days in an entire month.
- During the entire evaluation period, the traders must demonstrate a minimum count of trades.
- A trade is a full cycle of trades from opening to closing.
- Multiple positions, and/or partial closing of the same symbol at parallel periods or an overlapping period, are considered as only one trade for the count.
Flat Portfolio on Targets
- A trader must close all trades and pending orders once reaching the milestone target or the drawdown. City Traders Imperium will not pay profits higher than the milestone.
As the program scope is to be directed to skilled traders, the program strongly forbids the participation for any reason other than for applying to be the City Traders Imperium’s Contractor Trader.
Therefore, the program forbids the following and will consider this as misuse and violation of the program, which will result in the immediate termination of
- Forbidding of trading coordination with other accounts or other traders active with City Traders Imperium. It is strictly forbidden to coordinate any type of trading behaviour among two or more accounts in the name of another trader – This includes the prohibition of copying trades and orders; duplicating trading activity and orders; hedging among accounts. Any evident coordination of the above is considered a major violation of this program and will result in immediate termination by the violation of this contract.
- Violation of Risk Requirements and Restrictions: Any circumstances of violating the risk guidelines or the restriction of the program will result in an immediate termination of the account and exiting of the program.
By signing up to the program of City Traders Imperium, I hereby confirm and fully understand that my trading performance may also be affected by various conditions, as such:
- Spreads vary according to the market liquidity, at rigid times such as during high impact economic events, the spread difference of ask and bid prices can expand multiple times.
Stop / Limit Pending Orders
- Ordering at specifically requested price is not guaranteed for limit or stop orders during abnormal and volatile periods – the price will be filled at the next best price according to the exchange order book.
- At times of extreme liquidity in the market, the differences from one tick quote for the next may significantly increase. This is also known as ‘A Gap’. Any orders that are placed at prices with no tick quote will be filled at the next available quote. This may result in execution at a less preferred price.
Overnight Rollover Spread Conditions
- An overnight rollover is an event that occurs at the end of each day, at midnight (the time of the program’s setting). At this hour, the banks shift huge amounts of orders from one day to the next day. This may result in the spreads becoming significantly increased. This usually takes a few seconds up to two minutes past midnight. The spread’s increment may result in the execution of a nearby stop or limit orders. It is advised, to move nearby orders further away as possible to prevent unwanted executions due to technicalities.
- The commission is a trading cost applied by the liquidity provider. This is the industry standard method for Brokers and Liquidity Providers to charge for the service of executing orders.
Economic Event Releases
- At times of releasing any Economic Data, the price tends to form gaps, and spreads may increase in multiples and execution is not guaranteed by price. It is advised to pay attention to the event release schedule, to reduce position exposure and shift further limit and stop orders.
- Email communication serves as the main and official communication between the trader and City Traders Imperium. CTI will use this modality regularly and in real-time, as a means to send all communication, guidance, and feedback to its team of traders.
- It is mandatory for the trader to provide a valid and working email address, in which the trader checks regularly. While the trader obtains live running trades, it is required to check emails at least once in 60 minutes, to allow for real-time communications and feedback from City Traders Imperium.
- Failing to respond to the City Traders Imperium’s email communications, this may lead to a freezing of the account or program termination.
- City Traders Imperium provides other means of communication that can serve as back up communication. These are Skype, on-site live chat, on-site contact forms, international telephone calls.
- It is expected for the traders to notify City Traders Imperium of any changes in email or communication details and anything else that may affect their trading performance.
For the evaluation period, the City Traders Imperium pays the net profits in one amount to the traders and it is done so only when the evaluation program has ended.
City Traders Imperium pays for net profits to PM Partners, every month and during a monthly pay-out cycle.
Being paid for – profits will not be deducted from profit accumulation towards the next milestone.
Calculating & Recording of Profits for a PM Partner.
The pay-out procedure is managed by the following timeline schedule:
- Sample Profit Value Date (SPV) – 20th day of the month, EOD (end of day.)
- SPV is the lowest value of balance or equity by EOD of the 20th day.
- Effective Profit Value Date (EPV) – Last Day of the month, EOD.
EPV is the lowest value of balance or equity by EOD of the last day of the month.
- Profit Report and Invoice Request – 3rd day of the month, EOD.
- Profit is calculated by taking the lowest value between SPV and EPV, subtracting the last pay-out watermark.
- Submitting Invoice – 6th day of the month, EOD.
- The Last day that the trader must submit an invoice for the current pay-out cycle. If this day is missed, a new profit calculation will be made, on the following next pay-out month.
- Payment Due Date – 10th day of the month, EOD.
- Is the final time for City Traders Imperium to issue payments for the trader. The time of the actual money available in the trader’s bank account is subject to the means of the pay-out processing times.
Pay-out Terms Definition:
- EOD – 23:59:59 is City Traders Imperium’s platform server time.
- High Watermark profit is the last value of the account by which City Traders Imperium had paid for the trader. Once City Traders Imperium pays the due profits, a new Watermark is set.
Program Termination may take effect at any stage in the program, from the evaluation period to any stage as PM Partner. Terminating the program may occur for all of the below reasons:
- When reaching or passing of the maximum relative drawdown allowance.
- The violation of the Risk Management Guidelines.
- The expiration of the limitation has been exceeded
- The misuse or abuse of the program – not for the sake of individual authentic trading.
Returning After a Termination
The Trader is allowed to sign up for another plan regardless of past terminations. Nevertheless, City Traders imperium is allowed to refuse to re-sign up at its own discretion.
At the occurrence of a termination, the following measures will take effect –
- A notice of termination will be sent by an official email for the trader.
- Disabling trading permission in trading accounts.
- Denying access for the trading account and platforms provided by City Traders Imperium.
- A full detailed trading report will be sent to the trader by email.
- Valid total net profits made in the account will be calculated and paid in the specified portion at the following pay-out cycle schedule and regulation.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, neither party hereto, shall be prejudiced in any way by inadvertent errors or omissions made by such party, providing such errors and omissions are corrected promptly following discovery thereof. Upon the discovery of an inadvertent error or omission by either party hereto, appropriate adjustments shall be made as soon as possibly practicable to restore both parties to the fullest extent possible and to the position they would have been in, had no such inadvertent error or omission occurred.
City Traders Imperium reserves the rights for future changes of these Terms and Conditions, upon notifications via an official email address given from the trader. The trader will be committed to the changes, or will officially be asked to resign from the program.